Getting to the St. Pete/Clearwater Area
We have two international airports ready to serve you, including one that travelers consistently recognize as among the best in the world: Tampa International Airport and St. Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport.
Driving here is a popular option, as St. Petersburg/Clearwater is easily accessible from major interstates along the Midwest (I-75) and Northeast (I-95) corridors, as well as from Orlando (I-4). Driving distances (in miles/kilometers) to St. Petersburg/Clearwater:
- Atlanta - 470 mi / 756 km
- Boston - 1,361 mi / 2,190 km
- Chicago - 1,160 mi / 1,867 km
- Cleveland - 1,116 mi / 1,796 km
- Detroit - 1,184 mi / 1,905 km
- Miami - 257 mi / 414 km
- Montreal - 1,518 mi / 2,443 km
- New Orleans - 636 mi / 1,024 km
- New York City - 1,154 mi / 1,857 km
- Orlando - 105 mi / 169 km
- Pittsburgh - 1,041 mi / 1,675 km
- Toronto - 1,398 mi / 2,250 km
If you're looking for a comfortable and affordable alternative to driving, why not take the train? Amtrak offers service into nearby Tampa and other surrounding areas; some services even allow you to bring your car with you. For information, visit www.amtrak.com or call 800-USA-RAIL.
Meeting professionals appreciate the convenience of booking meetings in the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area. Our close proximity to Tampa International Airport allows attendees to make the best use of their conference travel time. Below are estimated transportation times and costs for travel from our most commonly used airport, Tampa International.
If you need help arranging for group transportation from the airport, please contact our Meeting Services department. Please note: Prices are subject to change, so contact your preferred transportation company for the most up-to-date pricing.
From Tampa International Airport to:
Super Shuttle is approximately $25 one-way from Tampa International Airport to the St. Pete/Clearwater area. Taxis are approximately $50 one-way from Tampa International Airport to the St. Pete/Clearwater area.
- Clearwater – approximately 18 miles (30 minutes with traffic)
- Clearwater Beach – approximately 20-25 miles (35 minutes with traffic)
- Innisbrook – approximately 25 miles (40 minutes)
- Tarpon Springs – approximately 28 miles (45 minutes)
- St. Pete Beach – approximately 29 miles (36 minutes)
- St. Petersburg – approximately 21 miles (25 minutes)
Shuttle Services, Taxis, Trolleys & More
To explore all transportation options, including chauffeured service, search the Transportation & Getting Around listings page.
Get the lay of the land with our map showing things to do by community.